In the midst of a challenging year for all of us worldwide, we at IDEAS are continually moved by the good God is doing through our Associates, projects, and partners around the world.
More than 11,000 patients have been served through a new health clinic in Myanmar. 9,500 patients have been seen in Bangladesh. 7,500 bags of food have been distributed to refugees in Cyprus. 300,000+ pounds of fresh vegetables have been delivered to marginalized communities in the Middle East.
And this is just the beginning!
During a global pandemic, good is happening in some of the most vulnerable places in the world. We are grateful to share with you how lives are changing in the midst of crisis.
Lebanon & Jordan:
- "I enjoy coming to the youth center. It is a safe place where I feel supported and cared for." - Student
- "I consider your distance learning experience to be one of the most successful ones." - Parent during COVID-19 lockdown
- "I used to think that business has nothing to do with my faith. I have learned that I'm a steward, not a boss or owner, and that I'm called to use my talents, wealth, and intelligence to discover the needs of people." - Owner of a learning center
- "I'm learning to respect and treat everyone well despite the color of their skin, religion, or country where they are from." - Student
- "I greatly appreciate your teaching methodology. It was very impactful." - Student
- "When I come to camp, I am taught that I have value." - Jack
- "Thank you for bringing food to my home, for caring for me and my son, for treating me with respect and valuing me as a person." - Latifah, widow in North Africa
- "Thank you for seeing me through this lockdown and for your sacrifices to me and the rest of the needy." - Refugee
- "I got a job! Thank you for praying!" - Refugee
To read more about how hope is being restored around the world, click here.
What is the good that you have seen emerging from the challenges of this year?
About the Author: Deirdre works in the IDEAS office as the Executive Support Specialist. She teaches Hebrew, is an avid runner, and loves to travel. Click here to read encouraging news from IDEAS Associates in China.